The Procurement & Stores Department of the Woodcraft Centre limited is the entity authorized to issue Invitations to Bid, Requests for Proposal, and Requests for Quotation and issue contracts to the supplier. The Procurement Department issues purchase orders, develops term contracts, and acquires supplies and services.
Procurement Manager is responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
What are the responsibilities of purchasing?
1) Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
2) Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
3) Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
4) Control purchasing department budgets.
5) Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
6) Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
7) Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
8) Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
9) Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
10) Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
11) Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
12) Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
13) Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
14) Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
Procurement & Stores Department
Woodcraft Centre Limited